Thursday, February 14, 2008

We see wildlife


Yesterday Grandad let us take out the golf cart, for a pre-dinner drive. They want us to catch sight of the many kangaroos that are living here that I was beginning to believe didn't really exist. But at the second hole, there they are...four of them, so cute, sooo not afraid of us. We though at first, like deer, if we got too close, they would hop off. Then we thought, we can get photos of them hopping away, action shots - yes! Well let me tell you, they did not, would not, hop away. After trying to sneak up on them slowly by foot, Alison, trying to be a cowboy, drove by them in the cart, and they didn't even budge, they just stared at us. It was comical really. They were laughing, I was laughing, Alison was not laughing. We got some good photos, and figured we probably won't be this close to them ever outside of a zoo. Very exciting either way. I found this out as well, kangaroos sleep lying down. The ladies at Nan's craftclub told me this morning. I went to craft club today up at the clubhouse, me and sixteen ladies of the community. Weatherwise it was the prettiest day we've had so far. We read our books in the backyard. Grandad did most of the cooking for dinner (a real honor I'm told). Excellent meal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice life you are having hope the sun comes out to play soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's Paul and Stephen. Couldn't seem to log onto my google accout, ergo the "anonymous message". HAPPY VALENTINES DAY . . . a couple of days late. How's the thumb, Alison? Hope you are enjoying a speedy recovery. So great you are doing back his blog - it's a real treat for us here in the states. Safe travels and watch out for those crazy roos!